Here is a quick guide to cookies and how they are used on JustFA Technology Limited websites.
What Is A Cookie?
Cookies are small files that websites put on your computer hard disk drive when you first visit. Cookies can include the name of the website, the duration of the cookie (how long it will remain on your hard drive) and a unique identifier, which is normally a randomly generated number.
How Are Cookies Used?
- Session Management: Generally Cookies are used to recognise visitors when they return, to store preferences to improve the visitor experience. An example of this is a site using cookies to save your shopping basket when you return to the website.
- Personalisation: Cookies can be used to remember information about a user in order to show relevant information in the future.
- Tracking: Tracking cookies can be used to track user habits when browsing, cookies can be sent by the browser for each page visited on a site in order to create a log file. It is then possible to find out which pages a user has visited and in what sequence.
Types of Cookies
- Session cookies - temporary cookies are stored on your hard drive for as long as you are on a website. When you close your browser and end your session the cookie is deleted. Session cookies can be used for Session Management.
- Persistent cookies - Long-term cookies that remain on your computer after you've closed your browser. How long they stay on your computer varies from cookie to cookie, but it is usually 30 days. Like session cookies, persistent cookies are also used to remember things from when you've been browsing, but because they're still on your computer after you've left a website, they can be used to make sure that when you return what you're seeing is relevant to you e.g. clothes like those you may have looked at previously or grocery items you may have bought before.
JustFA Technology Limited uses session and third party cookies for the following purposes.
- Session Cookies We use session cookies to allow information you enter on one part of the site to be carried through the application to other pages, so you do not have to re-enter information several times. This cookie will be automatically deleted after you end the browser session.
- Third party cookies Third party cookies are used to collect anonymous statistics that allow us to understand how visitors use our site. We use this information to help us optimise the website.
How can I delete cookies from my computer?
You can delete cookies from your computer by clearing the history and cookies from each browser you use. The method will depend on which browser you use, you can search the browser Help tab to find instructions for how to do this.
You can also amend your browser settings to select if you want to accept cookies, however many sites do rely on cookies to function and if you reject cookies you may not be able to use all the sites and functions of sites.
Last updated June 2022